[CLUE-Tech] Debian: gpm not installing by default

jbrockmeier at earthlink.net jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 20 19:32:45 MDT 2002

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Timothy C. Klein wrote:

*snip*

> My machines always seem to have gpm after an install, but I haven't paid
> attention to a default stable install in a while.  Frankly, if stable
> was all there was, I wouldn't be using Debian.  It is just *way* to
> dated.  OTOH, if I ran a very important server, I might appreciate that, but
> I just use it for desktop stuff.  I want the bleeding edge.  Thus I
> track unstable/sid.

It should be noted that you should be pretty adept at Linux before
using unstable. It is a VERY BAD IDEA for Linux newbies to try
Debian/unstable. There are occasions when updating a package or
whatnot will seriously break things. If you don't know how to
fix your system it can cause major, major headaches.

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
ymessenger: jbrockmeier / AIM: ZonkerJoe