[CLUE-Tech] Debian: gpm not installing by default

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Sat Apr 20 20:33:01 MDT 2002

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 jbrockmeier at earthlink.net wrote:

> > Of course if you want a really "Spartin" install give OpenBSD a fling !!! I
> > would agree that Susie
> > is the worst install, with all taht CD swapping.

Well, is "Spartin" what your looking for?  If you are, or if you just want
to control what goes on your box...at a very fine grain level, give
Gentoo a whirl.  Presently, I'm building a Gentoo workstation.  I really
like it so far.  The software install and update system is a lot like
the Free/Net/OpenBSD package system, but even slicker.

> I'm working with OpenBSD right now. I'm hating the OpenBSD version
> of fdisk with a fiery passion, but that's just a small obstacle...

I had trouble with that too, and OpenBSD was my first foray into the
*BSD relm.  Needless to say, I had fun on that steep learning curve.

The more I try different Linux distros, and tinker with the *BSD
variants, I realize that each have fine qualities.  I don't there
is any one "best" distro.  They all have a place...and we as
unix connoisseurs are fortunate to have so many choices.

--
Cheerio!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg