[CLUE-Tech] Clue: Linux Audio Programming

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Sun Apr 21 10:26:33 MDT 2002

On 04-20 19:28, Richard Knechtel wrote:
> Ok,
> Any Linux programmers out there?????
>
> I did a lot of audio programming on the Amiga (way back when). I did a
> slick MOD player under the Amiga that I would like to port. (and GPL the
> sucker!)
>
> I am looking to port my old Amiga audio stuff to Linux.  I need to find
> some good references for programming audio under Linux. I could easily do
> it under Winblows but I would rather not.  So does anyone have any real
> good Linux audio programming references they would be willing to share?
>
> I purchased the book Linux Music & Sound but it doesn't really have much in
> the line of Audio -programming- references.

Just a thought, but I see there is another book from the same publisher that
talks about programming games. The synopsis says that it "discusses
important multimedia toolkits". I would think game programming would have to
touch upon sound, and how to program for it.

Doing some googling came up with this:
http://leapster.org/linoleum/

In addition to a link to the Linux Game Development Center, there is a link
ALSA, and one for OSS, under the "Sound" category.

Cheers,
--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome