[CLUE-Tech] Linux and virus protection to and from Windows

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Mon Apr 22 09:25:48 MDT 2002

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> On 04-20 09:25, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I know that I mostly don't have to worry about viruses on my Linux box,
> > but what about passing along Windows visuses from Windows friends and
> > how to catch them BEFORE I were to forward the documents/viruses along?
>
> DrWeb is something that is for-fee, but the eval seems to have some limited
> functionality:
>
> http://www.drweb.ru/index/
>
> I'd be interested to hear others' comments on this, because I have not found
> a GPL or BSD licensed virus scanner out there...

I was browsing the Qmail site for other info and stumbled on this:

	http://qmail.deliver3.com/top.html#microsoft

It is a collection links to 6 different packages to integrate virus scanning
into qmail.  I didn't check to see if any are OpenSourced...

--
Cheerio!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg