[CLUE-Tech] KDE i18n packages

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Thu Apr 25 10:10:45 MDT 2002

Hey, any KDE gurus out there?

I am once again compiling the latest version of KDE. It may be too late
for this go-round, but I think I would eventually like a nicely interna-
tionalized set of applications; in particular, I want to have Japanese
text editing capability wherever possible (but still have an English UI).
So I think I might need the kde-i18n-ja package, but I can't find any
documentation anywhere on exactly what it does or how to install it.
There isn't even a README in the package; the i18n.kde.org site has lots
of info on how to develop i18n packages, but nothing on the ones that
exist. I've also done the obligatory Google Groups search, but haven't
found an answer.

I also see that the FTP archive includes a general kde-i18n package.
But it's humongous--over 90 megs--even with DSL I'm reluctant to down-
load something that big unless I know for sure I want it.

Anyone have a clue about this?

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA