[CLUE-Tech] Curious about GCC -O3

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Thu Apr 25 13:56:14 MDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 11:01:32AM -0600, Ed Hill wrote:

> According to the manual, -O3 is equal to "-O2 -finline-functions".
> I've used -O3 on occasion and had no problems.  I've also seen *no*
> significant improvement in execution speed for -O3 versus -O2.

Oh. Well, I'm not a C programmer and have never really had the need
or desire to learn all the intricacies of GCC. I just approached it
from the admittedly simplistic point of view that "optimization is
good, therefore more optimization must be better." Thanks for enlightening
me.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA