Browser Protest Day, Was Re: [CLUE-Tech] Is this true?

jbrockmeier at earthlink.net jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 26 11:58:59 MDT 2002

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, BOF wrote:
>
> > Thanks to all of you who took time to reply. I suspected some of the
> > points in your replies, but wanted to confirm my opinions before sending
> > the site a comment. Here is what I sent the CEO and CIS officer of the
> > site in question
> >
> 	<--SNIP-->
>
> Here are my comments to the webmaster (via the form):

Here's an idea - Web compatibility day. Pick one day in the near
future, say a Saturday or Sunday, for
Linux/Mac/*BSD/OS2/BeOS/Netscape/Opera/Lynx users
to just browse like mad and send off polite comments to companies
who have IE-only Web pages.

Between people who use "alternative" operating systems, people who
use Windows but another browser or people who like Lynx - or require
it because they're visually impaired - I think we make up at least
20% of the browsing population. Surely companies don't want to
alienate 20% of their potential customer base.

Anyone like this idea?

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
ymessenger: jbrockmeier / AIM: ZonkerJoe