[CLUE-Tech] Lazy person question

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Fri Apr 26 13:09:40 MDT 2002

rpm -Fvh *.rpm will figure out dependencies and install in the
proper order if the dependencies are there. If you are missing
anything from your *.rpm it'll tell you what you need, but you
need to use something like up2date to automatically satisfy
those from the net. The new apt-get for rpm will do the same
without the need to register with Red Hat. Redcarpet will also do
that although it needs to have a GUI, but it adds some 3rd party
packages, primarily Ximian Gnome.