[CLUE-Tech] groups

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Tue Apr 30 17:16:04 MDT 2002

Alright, so I created an accounted called ftpguys, and added it to the
group ftpguys.  Then, I made sure the ftp_files directory is owned by
ftpguys and so is everything in the directory.  Still no go when I try
to ftp in as "boz" and try to upload a file.  Also, I can not touch a
file when su'd as boz.  I seriously don't understand how this groups
thing works if what I have done thus far doesn't seem to allow people in
a specific group access to a certain file or directory.  You said the
system first pays attention to the user id - well, how do I get it to
look past that and at the group?

--

                                -Mike Staver
                                 staver at fimble.com