[CLUE-Tech] Alpha Redux

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Tue Apr 30 21:52:54 MDT 2002

I'm just wondering if anyone was able to set up their soundcard on their
Alphas - I fiddled around a bit w/ FreeBSD 4.4 - I recompiled kernel with
support for pcm in there - pcm0 shows up in dmesg, I ran MAKEDEV snd0, but
when I try to cat an au file to /dev/audio, I still get a "device is not
configured". Dmesg does have an additional line about pcm and the attach
returning a 6, so I think that may be the problem.

Also: Did anyone install RH on theirs, and what did you boot from? I've not
been able to boot and then install from either CD or floppy. If I try to
boot from CD, I get errors and it basically can't load image. From floppy, I
get either an error from anaconda, or else anaconda just hangs (the point at
which this happens varies).

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome