[CLUE-Tech] EXT3

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Aug 10 16:27:14 MDT 2002

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 01:59:55PM -0600, grant.johnson at twcable.com wrote:
>Well, I switched my laptop to EXT3 about 2 months ago.  I had a

Did you tell the kernel that your root file-system is ext3?  Just changing
/etc/fstab to say "ext3" isn't enough, since the kernel has to mount the
file-system first to get that file, right?

I'm not sure how you do it, but you do need to...  I think it can be done
with a command-line argument like "rootfstype=ext3".

A properly configured ext3 system will avoid the fsck if you haven't done
too many mounts or gone too long since the last fsck...

Sean
--
 Give me immortality or give me death!