[CLUE-Tech] tape backups

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Aug 14 21:34:32 MDT 2002

Mike Staver wrote:
> Yeah, I'm actually used to Veritas Backup Exec for windows, and I love
> how it catalogs what is on a tape, and the tapes are given an
> identifiying name, so when you do an inventory, you know what's on it.

I suppose the catalog is nice, and we have a fancy robot library so I
can't complain.  But there are things I really dislike about Veritas.
Like you can't tell what credentials it will use to back up a remote
system, short of just setting them.  You can get a text description of
what a job will back up but you can't copy it out of BE to paste it into
your docs.  Oh well, maybe I'll like it better after I go to school on it.