[CLUE-Tech] tape backups

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Wed Aug 14 21:48:25 MDT 2002

Well, we have backup exec 8.6 for windows at work, and it lets us edit a
job log in notepad and save it from there, or copy it to wherever you
want to.  And yeah, I agree, the credentials thing you can only set and
actually run the backup to see if it works.  What I have noticed is
really strange though is that when I'm backing up a linux box using
samba to share the files, it greys out the checkbox on the system so I
have to attach to it by setting up the \\server\sharename path, and only
then will it attach.  I didn't know backup exec could tell a difference
between a windows share and a samba share, but on our network it seems
to.