[CLUE-Tech] Linux Fun-da-mentals details...

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Aug 21 08:31:17 MDT 2002

On 20 Aug 2002 22:24:48 -0600
David Willson <DLWillson at TheGeek.NU> wrote:

> ~This~ Wednesday's main topic is "OpenOffice: Why you should install the
> JRE first."  All attendees will get a CD with the JRE, JDK,
> JDK+ForteForJava, OpenOffice 1.01, and StarOffice 5.2, all for Linux and
> Windows.  Whoo, is that a lotta stuph or what?

Wish I didn't have other plans. Would be interesting to see an install of
OO that doesn't core when saving files.

Speaking of which AbiWord cores as well. I wonder if it has anything to do
with RH7.2 being based on gcc 2.96 compiled packages.

jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5