[CLUE-Tech] Sendmail problems: I'm going nuts.

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Fri Aug 23 10:52:30 MDT 2002

Hey everyone. I'm going nuts.

I set up a new domain today to handle a few emails we are sending for a
client.  What I need to do though, is take care of returned emails, and
put them in a special inbox according to who sent them.

So, I have my domain, and a sub domain:

domain.com
sub.domain.com

sub.domain.com is where the email will originate from, but either way, I
put

domain.com   and
sub.domain.com

in sendmail.cw and masq-domains.  In virtusertable I put:
@domain.com 	adam
@sub.domain.com  adam

So that my user will get all returned mail. I then have a procmail file
that takes all mail and sorts it from who it came from.

Well, when user at sub.domain.com sends a piece of mail to a bad
emailaddress, instead of the mail going BACK to that user, it goes to root
(also me) with the standard Postmaster Notify:  Local configuration error
message (mail loops back to me: MX problem?).  It's annoying. I don't
understand what's wrong, because the mail should simply bounce back to the
sender, but it doesn't.  I've checked help files, I've got (as far as I
know) all the correct settings, but alas, it still dies.

any ideas?

--
Adam Bultman
adam at glaven.org