[CLUE-Tech] Sendmail problems: I'm going nuts.

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Fri Aug 23 11:06:43 MDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 12:52:30PM -0400, Adam Bultman wrote:

> Hey everyone. I'm going nuts.
>
> any ideas?

Yes. Get rid of sendmail and install a modern SMTP server like Postfix
or Exim.

I only run Exim for myself, so I'm not sure how good it is as a "real"
mail server, but it is an awful lot easier to configure than sendmail.
One of the reasons I switched from RedHat to Debian was that (at that
time) sendmail was the default SMTP program for RH, and Exim was the
default for Debian. I was completely fed up with sendmail config
problems. I've been very satisfied with Exim, and even in the unlikely
event that I go back to RedHat Linux, I am never, ever going back to
sendmail, and that's a promise.

The very technically savvy sysadmin at my last workplace like Postfix a
lot.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA