[CLUE-Tech] Sendmail problems: I'm going nuts.

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Fri Aug 23 14:20:49 MDT 2002

Thanks for the tips, but, like many people, I've heard it all before,
wished I could, but I'm afraid I can't.  My teetery-tottery infrastructure
and busyness keep me from making any sorts of cool changes that I've been
lanning for the past 7 months.

I found my problems, by the way, and it was more or less a DNS and naming
issue.  I had host aaa nd host bbb, and I wanted the mail server to host
mail for both aaa and bbb, but I couldn't just make MX records for AAA and
BBB (it just didn't like it).

As for a replacement for sendmail, I woudl recommend qmail before Exim or
postfix. It's unbelievably secure, has easy to use front ends for
configuration, and hasn't had nearly as many holes as sendmail. It's
slated to be my next email server.

As well, djbdns is an excellent replacement for BIND. No holes, cool web
based front ends, the whole ball of wax.

Oh, well.  I won't start these wars, but just toss out my 2 cents.

--
Adam Bultman
adam at glaven.org
[ http://www.glaven.org ]