[CLUE-Tech] Sendmail problems: I'm going nuts.

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Aug 23 19:37:52 MDT 2002

Jeremiah Stanley wrote:

> Matt (and all), I don't mean to start a holy flame war here but I have
> to make a request to all Linux users and hobbyists.

[rant snipped...]

> If I wanted half cocked opinions I can read slashdot.

May I suggest that the brewing flames/rants in this thread be taken off
the list?  This is CLUE-Tech after all so it would be nice if we could
make replies helpful.

Sorry Adam, I don't know anything about Sendmail so I can't answer your
question.  You might look at sendmail.org, previous questions seem to
have answers there.

The error you get is fairly common, so perhaps google could help.  The
O'Reilly DNS book also descibes the BIND part of this error (if it's
BIND and not Sendmail that's broke.)

Finally, it seems like your setup is odd.  Normally when a user sends
mail, and the mail bounces, the user gets the bounce message.  No need
to have it go to you and then them via procmail.  Are you sure you know
which leg of the original/bounce is giving the error?

Sorry I'm not more help.