[CLUE-Tech] Moving data between partitions?

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Sat Aug 24 09:49:54 MDT 2002

Jeffery C. Cann wrote:
> Is there a simple way to move space from my /var partition to my / partition?

One quick and dirty approach is to simply move large directories from your
full partition to the more spacious one.  For example, if your /usr/local
directory is huge and taking up too much space, move /usr/local to /var/local
and create a symlink from /var/local back to /usr/local.  In this specific
case there shouldn't be a need to switch to single user mode, but depending
on what you decide to move it might be a good idea.

Lynn