[CLUE-Tech] how to find responsible party for an IP?

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Sun Aug 25 16:46:49 MDT 2002

Evidently newer versions of port sentry can be used to actually block
people on the fly. While I'd be worried about that, especially on a
server (not one's own box) the idea is really cool. Some decides to hit
a few ports on you, and the find that you drop off the net after a
couple of dozen ports.

I haven't tried the new version, but likely will in the next week, as my
server (home) will be moving from behind a cisco to bare-on the net.