[CLUE-Tech] Args gripe (was mpg123 - recursively play directories?)

Dale Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Tue Aug 27 08:58:34 MDT 2002

"Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com> writes:

> find /path/to/mp3-root | xargs ...

My biggest complaint about xargs, is if there are any special
characters in the input.  For example, many of my mp3 files have
apostrophes and xargs gets confused.  The only method I know to deal
with the problem is to filter all the file names through a nasty sed
expression to escape all special characters.

Any better or more general solution to this problem?

-Dale

--
Now playing:
Scorpions - Best Of Rockers n Ballads - (1) - Rock You Like A Hurricane

Better to have endured moments of sheer terror, than to have died having
lived life a coward.

A good solution now is better than a perfect solution tomorrow.
- From debian-curiosa

Payin' the bills with my mad programming skills.
- Weird Al