[CLUE-Tech] usb/ide adapter?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Aug 28 12:55:12 MDT 2002

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:34:52 -0600
Dave Price <davep at kinaole.org> wrote:

> I have compiled in usb (uhci) support and usb-storage support.  At boot,
> dmesg appears to recognize the device:
>
> hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/2, assigned device number 2
> usb.c: kmalloc IF d50ca420, numif 1
> usb.c: new device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
> usb.c: USB device number 2 default language ID 0x409
> Manufacturer: Prolific Technology Inc.
> Product: ATAPI-4 Bridge Controller
> SerialNumber: 0
> usb.c: unhandled interfaces on device
> usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x67b/0x2307) is not claimed by any
> active driver

Hmmm, this looks suspicious. "not claimed by any active driver".

Sorry I can't be more help, but I can tell you that when I was messing
around with trying to get my scanner working under USB, the USB mailing
list ( http://www.linux-usb.org/ ) was a very good resource.

jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5