[CLUE-Tech] X Keyboard Mapping Question

Nathan Hokanson nathan at gravitymedia.com
Fri Aug 30 00:51:12 MDT 2002

Ok, I have this habit learned from years of use of MicroSoft products.
I use the Ctrl-Backspace sequence a LOT to delete previous words.

Some of the apps that I use (gaim, now vi after mapping the key stroke,
etc) do this already, but others (evolution, term, etc) don't.

I am assuming then that X does not have that mapping and I can't find a
GUI to create the mapping with.  Since I can't find a GUI, what file
should I modify to cause this behavior?  Can I even create this type of
behavior?

Thanks for your help.

Oh, I am running Mandrake 8.2 w/ the default Gnome.

--
Nathan Hokanson