[CLUE-Tech] Linux MP3 player for your car!

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Mon Dec 2 19:55:41 MST 2002

On 12-02 19:03, Jeffery Cann wrote:
> Do it yourselfers check this out:
>
>  + http://www.ryanspc.com/carmp3
>
> Complete with dash-mounted color LCD (6").

This is really cool. Probably an added benefit to this DIY is that Ogg
Vorbis would be supported, since he's using XMMS. Another would be that if
it got stolen, he could be satisfied knowing few people could actually set
it up in another car. My question, though, is: why would he only use 10G
after all this trouble?

I like this quote:

"I have had a mp3 player in my car for over 4 years now, starting out as a
motherboard laying on the floor and wires everywhere."

That must have been fun explaining to someone getting in the car - "mind
the silicon, there, it doesn't respond well to 100+ pounds of pressure." :)

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes