[CLUE-Tech] XFree86 4.1.0

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Sun Dec 8 11:23:09 MST 2002

I'm doing some research for Santa.  He was thinking of upgrading my
monitor, and wanted to know if one particular monitor is better than
another.

I know that xfree86config references a file that should contian info
on some specific models, so that is where I wanted to look first.
Running xfree86config brings up this dialog (several steps into the
process):

"If in doubt, check the monitor database /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/Monitors
to see if your monitor is there."

However, that file is not present on my system.  I'm running Debian
(woody) with XFree86 4.1.0-16.  I checked the Debian Packages database,
and I couldn't find a 'special' XFree86 Documentation package :(

Anyone know where I could find this file?
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy
http://www.arabie.org/