[CLUE-Tech] ISO images from Audio CD's?

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Sun Dec 8 12:37:24 MST 2002

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 11:34:57AM -0700, Randy Arabie wrote:

> Somewhat off-topic...I understand from this thread that it isn't
> possible to just "copy" an audio CD?
>
> For example, I have a regular CDROM drive and a CD-Writer drive.  I
> can't put an audio CD in the CDROM and make a copy of it with my
> CD-Writer?

Certainly.  cdrdao does copies very well, tho a bit slowly.  I am
looking for alternatives to allow me to store and use the 'intermediate'
audio data ... what gets read from the audio cd when it is copied, but
preserve it in its original format - not compress it.

I think I got the answer ... rip, but don't encode, store it as
.wav files.

aloha,
dave