[CLUE-Tech] MTA questions

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Sun Dec 8 14:40:07 MST 2002

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 01:45:58PM -0700, Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> The only thing is, I don't want to go futzing around with things I know
> nothing about, like qmail/sendmail/exim/whatever for no reason
> - is there any way to discern if it's my problem or AmericanISP's? The odd
> thing is that I can subscribe, no problem, and it's the same domain, but
> maybe the list software is configured to be picky about mail sent to the
> list itself...

The list server may be ignoring you if your 'from' address does not
match your subscribed address - or (more likely) your 'from address'
does not match the reverse-lookup that they do to confirm it

That is from your headers)

you claim to be: seanleblanc at americanisp.net

but your ssmtp is id'ing you as: bedroom.lakwod3.co.home.com
(see the HELO line)
<snip>