[CLUE-Tech] MTA questions

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sun Dec 8 13:45:58 MST 2002

I've been unable to post questions to any FreeBSD mailing list since I've
switched to AmericanISP, and after some messages going back and forth
between me and one of the people on the list, he *thinks* (he's not the list
owner, so he doesn't know - yes, I've mailed the "owner" of the different
lists, and nothing happens - I have no idea whether they are actually
receiving it or not) it might be because of the MTA configuration of mine or
my ISP's.  I'm using ssmtp to send mail directly and now I'm wondering if I
shouldn't set up qmail or sendmail after all...the symptom is that I mail a
message to the list and it just goes into the ether. No bounce, it doesn't
show up in archives, nothing.

The only thing is, I don't want to go futzing around with things I know
nothing about, like qmail/sendmail/exim/whatever for no reason
- is there any way to discern if it's my problem or AmericanISP's? The odd
thing is that I can subscribe, no problem, and it's the same domain, but
maybe the list software is configured to be picky about mail sent to the
list itself...

Cheers,

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net