[CLUE-Tech] Black and White monitor w/ RedHat?

Jeremy Huber jhuber at fallenknight.org
Thu Dec 12 12:19:37 MST 2002

Ok, I just ran across an interesting problem.. a coworker that I'm trying to
convert to Linux from MS has a RH 7.2 box that he's learning on.  He just
added a little 6" b/w monitor (it's really quite cute) so he can use that
box as a console/ssh into other boxes.  The problem is that the colors for
ls, vi, less, etc.. don't show up at all, which really confuses him when
there's blank places where he knows SOMETHING is there.  My question is:
where can I tell RedHat to stop trying colors?  Is there something with the
term type that I can change?

Thanks,
Jeremy