[CLUE-Tech] hosting-from-home bandwith recommendations

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Sat Dec 14 08:27:45 MST 2002

Greetings.

I have been using AT&T Broadband cable internet for about 3 years.  I have
been happy with it.  Since it is a consumer product, it's great for surfing,
but bad for hosting.  In fact, it's not allowed by AT&T.

When I first got AT&T, Qwest did not offer DSL in my neighborhood, even though
I am two blocks from a switch building.  Now they can and I am would like to
bring in a DSL line so I can run some hosting services from my house.  Shared
hosting is not an option, given that I need control of the server(s) and the
software I will run is not cheap to run on shared servers.  Colocation could
be an option, but I'm not sure it's my limited price range and I don't have a
rack-mount server.

I like the Qwest DSL Pro series of products because I can increase the
bandwidth up to 7 Mbps down / 1Mbps up.  At a minimum, I'll need 256k
upstream and a SLA.

So, I am looking for recommendations on ISPs, DSL providers.

--
    planet earth (tm)
http://jefferycann.com/