[CLUE-Tech] Updating Intel Motherboards under Linux

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Fri Dec 13 10:56:17 MST 2002

On Friday, 13 December 2002 at 10:35:57 -0700, Kevin Cullis <kevincu at orci.com> wrote:
> Randy,
>
> That would be cool, but if you could write down what it takes to do it,
> the whole list will know as well as be kept for posterity.  My wife has
> Win98, so I might be able to do it myself if needed.  What do you think?

I don't have any specific instructions for updating the bios.  I was
just offering to provide a Windows boot floppy if you needed one.  That
would be so you could boot to a DOS prompt and run the update program. I
suspect the *.exe file you have is a self-extracting archive that
contains several files, including instructions and a *.bat file.

Intel has good instuctions for running thier BIOS updates:

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/standardbios.htm

The instruction on that site cover creating the boot floppy.  Since you
have access to a Win98 machine, you can use it to create your boot
floopy.
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy