[CLUE-Tech] Updating Intel Motherboards under Linux

bof bof at pcisys.net
Fri Dec 13 11:29:40 MST 2002

Kevin Cullis wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm not a hardware person, but I have an Intel SE440BX motherboard and I
>found on Intel's site that there are some "updates" to the motherboard.
>The file, SE2BIO17.exe, I've downloaded, but since I've never done an
>update, how do I do it in Linux?

See

    http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/standardbios.htm

Looks like you'll have to find a system where you can make a DOS
bootable disk and extract the file to it so that you can use it to boot
your system.

But, unless there are compelling reasons, it's generally not a good idea
to do BIOS upgrades.

BOF