[CLUE-Tech] Recent Debian CD in the Tech Center or "anyone had succes using j igdo"

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Mon Dec 16 12:15:23 MST 2002

On Monday, 16 December 2002 at 10:55:48 -0700, Young, Ed <Ed.Young at echostar.com> wrote:

> 	Is there a Debian user in the Tech Center area who can give me/let
> me borrow a recent (3.0r0) Debian CD? I can retrieve it anytime this week.

I've got one, but I'm not in the Tech Center area.  I am planning on
being at the Clue North meeting on Thursday at Regis University.

> 	On a related note:
> 	I've never created a cd from an iso image but I wanted a Debian CD
> and decided to excercise my new broadband connection.
> 	So, this weekend I tried using jigdo to download/compile the iso
> image and it all completed successfully with no errors, but the resulting CD
> failed on the install. Anyone else used this method for creating an iso
> image? Should I just download the iso image itself?

I used jigdo to create the cd I have.  However, I too created at bad
disk the first time.  The disk I have was created with my second run
at jigdo.
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy