[CLUE-Tech] Recent Debian CD in the Tech Center or "anyone had succes using j igdo"

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Mon Dec 16 11:01:30 MST 2002

Young, Ed wrote:
> 	Is there a Debian user in the Tech Center area who can give me/let
> me borrow a recent (3.0r0) Debian CD? I can retrieve it anytime this week.
>
> 	On a related note:
> 	I've never created a cd from an iso image but I wanted a Debian CD
> and decided to excercise my new broadband connection.
> 	So, this weekend I tried using jigdo to download/compile the iso
> image and it all completed successfully with no errors, but the resulting CD
> failed on the install. Anyone else used this method for creating an iso
> image? Should I just download the iso image itself?

Probably someone else is closer, but I have a 3.0 CD (just disk 1,
though I could get the others easily enough).

I've used jigdo.  Worked great for Woody, but not for Sarge.  The
installer is being reworked so I think it was broken a few weeks ago
when I tried it.  I would think it would work fine for Woody.