[CLUE-Tech] wmv files w/ debian

Ski Dawg skidawg at plbb.net
Fri Dec 20 17:16:07 MST 2002

On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 04:48, Randy Arabie wrote:
> Can I play wvm files on Debian (woody)?  That's a proprietary windows
> media player format.
>
> I've got mplayer from stable, and it won't.
>
> And I've got realplayer8 installed and it won't.
>
> I thought one or the other could, but perhaps that was later versions
> than are available in debian stable.

There was a short article in eWeek magazine a couple of weeks ago about
this. It talked about the FFmpeg codec for windows media audio and video
files. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know how well it works.

You can look at the article here:

The codec home page is here:
http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/

HTH