[CLUE-Tech] wmv files w/ debian

Mike Miller michael at millerville.cc
Sat Dec 21 06:57:09 MST 2002

I've for WMV playback using Mplayer on RH8. (yeah, it's not Debian, but
they're both linux.)

I'm using 0.90pre10-3.2

Since it's a command line application, and many pages are set up to
prevent downloading the video file before playing it, I've hear you can
use wget to force download of the file first, but I haven't had the
chance to work with that yet (I haven't got audio working yet on my
laptop -- Gatewal solo 9100, so getting Mplayer running was neat, but
not yet useful)