[CLUE-Tech] RE: cdburner, star office, ext3

jeremy memcpy at mailandnews.com
Wed Dec 25 00:36:56 MST 2002

Kevin,

I have been running star office for a long time and have never had a problem.
Currently I'm running Slackware 8.1 (jun 02) w/ 2.4.19 kernel and star office
runs like a champ.

      I would run your o/s partitions as EXT3 and the extra partitions as
EXT2, just to save over head. I have been very pleased with EXT3 on my o/s
partitions.

     I have had an HP cd burner for a while now. Got it at 'Sams club' for a
little over $100. It was not "top of the line" but it runs good. dose not like
those colored disk at high speed. I got a bunch of CD-RW but they write and
read a lot slower and CD-R's are dirt cheep so I kind of gave up on the CD-RW.

Good Luck and have a Christmas

Jeremy