[CLUE-Tech] DHCp and router on same box

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Mon Dec 30 17:30:58 MST 2002

 Three ways:

(1) dhcpd -i eth0  - Depends on version of dhpcd.  If it fails, drop the
'-i'.  (Can be added to the script in /etc/rc.d/init.d - modify the line
under start) that has the binary listed)
(2) Create an empty  stanza in your dhcpd.conf for the network segment
that you normally receive from your provider
(3) Upgrade from DHCP 2.0.whatever to 3.0

#1 is the easiest and the cleanest
#2 for people that don't like to edit their init script
#3 If you have a compelling reason to go to v3

-d

Dave Hahn <dhahn at techangle.com>