[CLUE-Tech] Printer Help??

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Thu Feb 7 08:39:53 MST 2002

Randy,

You could use the printer admin tools provided by RHAT to set this up.  After
setting up my printcap files for a number of _years_ by hand, I can tell you
that the 'automatic' ones do a better job and cause you fewer headaches.
(This was not the case 3 or 4 years ago, which is why most of us edited our
printer config files manually).

I actually use CUPS now on my MD 8.1 system and it was quite simple, but I
set it up during installation.  I think for RHAT you can simply use
'linuxconf' to set up an LP entry.  It will work for console printing.

Of course, if you want to do it 'by hand' for the instructive value:

Printing How To
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Printing-HOWTO/index.html

Printing Usage How To
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Printing-Usage-HOWTO.html