[CLUE-Tech] Detecting possible hardware failures

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Thu Feb 7 15:54:36 MST 2002

I recomend the good ole FIC SD11 if you can find one - when I used to
have a slot style Athlon, it was pretty stable.  The thing about those
slot athlons though, the heatsink doesn't actually touch the cpu,
right?  If I remember correctly, there is a plastic layer in between the
surface of the heatsink and the chip itself - scared the hell out of
me.  So, I went ahead and upgraded to a thunderbird, and now to an XP.
I've been much happier with the socket style, as they can be cooled
easier, and aside from that, they seem to be more stable, and definitely
quicker with the cache right there on die.