[CLUE-Tech] Clue: Database

Richard Knechtel rknech at pcisys.net
Sat Feb 9 11:52:18 MST 2002

Sorry, I didn't mean to take so long to respond to the response on this
subject.
Between work and home I have gotten to busy to even get much sleep!

Anyway,
What I am looking at storing in the database is like "contact" information.
I am creating a contact application - for storing names, addresses, phone
numbers, notes etc...

I have layed out my database tables to the level I need them,

It sounds like I will probably want to go with Postgres, because it has the
Foreign key support, I am using foreign keys in my database layout
(Important!).

I have already completed my first CLX Kylix project. It is a numeric
converter. It will convert between Hexadecimal, Decimal, and Binary.  It
will handle up to 64 bit numbers!  Nothing overly spectacular but hey it's
my first Kylix application I ported from my Delphi version.  I will be
releasing it with some of my other Delphi/pascal stuff to my web page in
the very near future. (I have to finish the page :^)  .

I am slowly porting all my Delphi, and Visual Basic applications to Kylix.
To Visual Basic apps are already on my web page ^:)

http://www.pcisys.net/~rknech    - See the General Programming page.

BTW> Anyone know of a Visio like application for Linux???? I hate having to
use Visio when I want to do ALL my development in Linux!

I Will have to some time give a "demostration" of Kylix to a user group
meeting sometime!

Regards all !!