[CLUE-Tech] Sound card/speaker "feedback" problem

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 12 15:00:58 MST 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Kevin Cullis wrote:

> > If it's just a loud hissing/buzzing noise, that's just the speakers
> > amplifying the signal noise. (Note, I'm not an audio engineer, so
> > that's probably not the correct technical term.)
>
> This is what it sounds like, a humming/hissing noise. I've turned down
> the speaker sound and it helps, but I was wondering if there is
> something else I should consider to help out.

There probably isn't much you can do. It might help to turn down the
sound on the computer, but you're probably going to get the buzzing
and hissing to some degree when you push the speakers close to
maximum volume.

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
"Crime made its appearance during the dawning age of literacy. What
this means is that, as soon as people started to write, they started
writing laws; this is because writing enabled them to do something
they hadn't been able to do before. Writing enabled them to define
in exact, fixed terms the behaviors they wanted the state to regulate,
punish, and suppress." -- Daniel Quinn