[CLUE-Tech] Oracle on Linux in production?

Keith Hellman kehellman at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 09:14:26 MST 2002

Yes, I think SuSE has similar (I'm sure they have an "Enterprise" edition
for DB2).  However - I've been told by SuSE that the licenses obtained are
for a limited number of users - so an "Enterprise" solution is adequate
for developers and prototypes, but licenses will have to be re-negotiated
for large scale deployment.

--- "Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:39:40 -0800 (PST)
> Keith Hellman <kehellman at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Oh yeah, my point:  you should definetly check-out SuSE & Red Hat -
> they
> > both support Oracle, and from the reading I've been doing it sounds
> like
> > both companies have done *special* things to the kernel to enhance
> their
> > Big-Enterprise-Support.
>
> I do recall last time I was looking around the RH site, that they have
> an
> "enterprise" release of their distro, and I think even an Oracle bundle,
> although I'm uncertain how the licensing works there if there is.
>
> --
> "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
>  undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
>  - Thomas Paine

=====
Keith E. Hellman