[CLUE-Tech] Recommendations for Web Hosting?

Charlie Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Tue Feb 19 13:44:30 MST 2002

On Tuesday 19 February 2002 13:24, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier gave up
the right to remain silent by saying:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> > I'm doing a website for a friend of mine, and could use some
> > recommendations on good hosting companies. I've already googled
> > it, and the sheer volume of hits I got would take quite a while
> > to sort through. So, if anyone has any companies they recommend,
> > I'd appreciate it.
>
> I use PHPWebHosting.com -- they're cheap ($9.95 a month) give
> a decent amount of Web space and have MySQL/Perl/PHP and the
> ability to set up mailing lists and unlimited email addresses.
> They're also very responsive to requests.

I've used invite.net with good results. Linux servers, low prices,
Colorado based.  go to http://invite.net and you can have an IM
discussion with a sales rep to see if they meet your other
requirements.

Charles Oriez     coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
It is said that a copy of Microsoft Windows 98 played backwards
contains a prayer to Satan.  That is nothing. Play it forwards, and
it installs windows!
-- seen on usenet