[CLUE-Tech] Keeping long file names when using mkisofs

BOF bof at pcisys.net
Wed Feb 20 19:48:44 MST 2002

Ed Hill wrote:

># Use Rock Ridge (Linux/Unix) and Joliet (MS) extensions
>mkisofs -R -J -o  file.iso  /path/

You're right, those are the switches to use.

Before posting my question, I tried those switches and got output like this:

    Using TOPLE000.VSD;1 for
    archives/DU_work/4426_SWEngrCapstone/DFDs/TopLevel2.vsd (TopLevel.vsd)
    Using TOPLE000.BMP;1 for
    archives/DU_work/4426_SWEngrCapstone/DFDs/TopLevel2.bmp (TopLevel.bmp)

I thought that it was changing everything to 8.3 format, so I panicked
and didn't try burning a CD.

This time, I accepted the output, and went ahead and burned the CD. It
preserved the long filenames as they were written.

Thanx for the help.

BOF