[CLUE-Tech] is this a DNS question?

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Feb 20 20:59:53 MST 2002

jason at matchingmoms.com wrote:

> I configured DNS to run on one of my computers (named abigail).  I tell all
> my other computers to look to this computer for name service.
>
> >From abigail:
>
> generic at abigail ~ $ cat /etc/resolv.conf
> search powerpull.net astroconsulting.net
> nameserver abigail

I don't have a direct answer.  But if abigail is your nameserver, how do you get
its number to send DNS queries to it?  Try putting the number in rather than the
name.

I suspect that dig may be too smart to choke if you don't tell it enough.  Try
nslookup and see if there are any differences.  And check the man pages, I don't
have them handy.  This may have something to do with your previous question
about resolving even with an empty resolv.conf.