[CLUE-Tech] debain and alpha

Dave Hanson skylinkdave at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:55:19 MST 2002

I replaced one of the 1 Gig drives in my Alpha with a 4.3 Gig Barracuda. The
BIOS didn't have any problem recognizing the full drive. I plan to replace
the other 1 Gig with another 4.3 Gig, or a 9 Gig if the BIOS will accept it.

For some reason, Digital lists the maximum internal drive storage as 6.4
Gig:

http://www.compaq.com/alphaserver/workstations/retired/a255series.html

Dave