[CLUE-Tech] VMWare

Sean Reifschneider jafo-cluetalk at tummy.com
Thu Feb 21 14:59:32 MST 2002

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 02:51:12PM -0700, Ostdiek, Gerry wrote:
>I was wondering if anybody has any experience with the product under Linux
>before I drop $140 on it.

It works great.  It makes Windows usable, as we can easily save snapshots
of *FULL* Windows installations that work, and switch between them if
things break because of software upgrades and the like.  Also it's nice
that when Windows freaks out, we can still do everything else (browsing,
e-mail, etc).

We mostly use it to run quickbooks under Linux.

Sean
--
 Let's just say that their monkeys aren't quite typing Shakespeare.
   -- Sean Reifschneider, speaking about Quicken support, 2001