[CLUE-Tech] Celron v. PIII on Linux

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Sun Feb 24 12:08:45 MST 2002

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Mike Staver wrote:

> Not to mention Pentium III has 133 FSB in the newer models, while the
> celeron is at 100 finally.  Also, the cache shouldn't be the same - the
> P III should have a considerable amount more, and I'm also assuming that
> the P III has stuff like SSE, but I'm not sure.

OK.  It sounds like the difference between a PIII and Celeron IS the
amount of L2 cache and the FSB speed.  That makes things a little clearer.

What is SSE?

--
Cheers!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg