[CLUE-Tech] alphas and X

Dave Hanson skylinkdave at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:30:03 MST 2002

I replaced the stock video card in my AlphaStation 255 with a Diamond
Stealth 3D. I'm not sure how many video cards are supported by RedHat Alpha,
but I believe there is a list on the AlphaLinux website
(http://www.linuxalpha.org/).

X runs fine on my Alpha, but I had a heckuva time partitioning the two 1-Gig
drives to accept an installation that included X. After I plugged in the 4.3
Gig Barracuda, there was plenty of room for X. I'm still newbie-ish enough
that I don't know how to prune out unnecessary packages.

Dave